View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
I've really enjoyed the TTS feature and think that it adds value to both the Kindle and the books. On the other hand, it in no way compares to a professional audio book; if I knew I was going to be listening to a book all day (long drive for instance) I would be inclined to get an audiobook version if it was available.
I hope publishers will choose to leave TTS turned on for their books, however, since I really like being able to listen to a few pages while I fold the laundry or work out at the gym. The ability to slip from written text to spoken word and back, without having to flip around or fast forward to find my place, is a great feature.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote