View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
There are two problems with the battery on the HDX:

1. There is no sync button so WiFi is always syncing.

2. At the beginning there is lots of indexing which uses the battery. I just loaded the Bible Encyclopedia on my HDX earlier today and its only 10% indexed. If it doesn't make any more progress in several days, I'll remove it. It simply may be too large to index properly. The PW 2013 indexed it in 30 minutes since it recognized it as a dictionary. The HDX 2013 did not.
1. There is a sync button it's under settings.

2. There is no indexing on the Kindle Reader of the HDX indexing must be your app specific. The battery drain is caused by how the operating system cache everything if you go to running apps you will see it does not shut down certain apps. A task manager can fix this just don't close anything Amazon related.

My guess is so much is running in background at all time you get about 10% battery lost per hour even in sleep mode. A firmware update can fix this though.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote