View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #401
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Hi ixtab

Thanks. Working.

Allow me to have further going questions:

- HOW do you manage toggle visibility of files technically? I'm a Windows-man and not skilled on Linux. I guess this is a command in Linux. Is there a way to toggle it with Windows?

- WHERE will the information of the visibility be stored? In the file itself?
The settings are stored in the collections database, they're an attribute of the entry. By deleting the file, the entry was removed from the DB, and by adding it again, a new entry was created with the default visibility. You can't access the collections DB from Windows (at least not normally), as it's stored on the internal partition (/var/local/cc.db) - it's a simple SQLite database.

Quote:
- Is there a way to prevent Amazon overriding collections made with CM? My collections made with Kindle itself had been restored when I went online to use wikipedia. That's bad, because there always seems to be a 'damocles sword' hanging over my collections ;-)
No, unfortunately there is no such possibility.

But that damocles sword is hanging over your Kindle anyway, because if Amazon decides to push a new firmware update that completely locks down everything and leaves no way to jailbreak it (and they seem to strive for that), then we're all shit out of luck. The best way is to simply keep the device in airplane mode, and to only sideload content.

Last edited by ixtab; 02-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote