Thread: PRS-T1 New Homescreen
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #43
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
at some point I expect Sony to send me an email and tell me to stop using there icons.
I very much doubt that would happen. Sony normally isn't bothered with the people who improve on their software using their icons, fonts, etc.

PRS+ uses Sony's icons - they were never asked to cease . I think, as long as you don't try to distribute the product on the open market, outside "the Sony world", you are fine.

Having said that, if people do go ahead and produce a new set of icons (as long as they are obtained legally, and meet your requirements), it would be great if you can manage to utilize those. Would be even cooler, if one could select which set of icons (skin, GUI style) to use. As long as the APK still fits in the puny /data partition on the reader...
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote