View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
DizzC
Enthusiast
DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
Taking something apart is always easy. The tricky bit is putting it back together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Nah.. Reassembly is easy..

Making it work AFTER reassembly; now that's the tough one!
Well you guys can rest easy since re-assembly went just fine and everything is fully functional.

Now I just have to decide what colors I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readingglasses View Post
samsung klm2g...

That don't look like no microSD in a slot !

This one will be much harder to hack or even backup and restore if your clumsy hacking screws it up, than the previous model with a removable internal micro sd card. You could just pop that into your computer and clone the drive as a back up. If you screw up, write the backup back onto the microSD.

Although it is very nice to see that it's so easily opened. Battery replacement after a few years will be no problem. So you can have it FOREVER!
Regarding the battery; I wanted to remove that as well when I was doing my teardown but they glued that sucker in there super tight. I manged to get one edge lose but I was afraid that I would break something if I continued on.

Last edited by DizzC; 07-27-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: More quotes!
DizzC is offline   Reply With Quote