View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. I'll give them all some thought.

To Susan, I like your idea of using the Mobipocket Reader, although it would be a bit drastic to have to remove all the DRM. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with the ethics of that, plus Mobipocket Reader wouldn't give the advantages of syncing with the Kindles that the Amazon program does. However, it's defintely worth considering.
If you remove DRM, you can read them in Kindle for PC regardless of whose books they are. No need to change readers. You'll only have one person's books in Archive, but ANY non-DRM .mobi, .prc, or .azw files that are in your My Kindle Content folder are shown on the home page of Kindle for PC.

If you use Calibre to manage all your books (highly recommended), then removing DRM and moving books in or out of Kindle for PC is trivial.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote