View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #794
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
As I see, chrox in Github issues is trying various methods for invoking KPV for supported file types. I think, it will be worth to him to know that system Reader booklet supports plugins. Enabled plugins are listed in reader_plugins.xml. In Kindle Touch this file is located in /opt/amazon/ebook/config/, but it looks like in PW it's embedded into /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ReaderSDK-impl.jar (but still in a form of easily accessible text file).

I believe, that filetype-dependent part of system reader code is located in plugins that are defined in reader_plugins.xml.

yifanlu tried to reverse engineer plugin interface for 5.0.0 and implement it's own, invoked for EPUB files: https://github.com/yifanlu/KindleEPU...lu/kindle/epub. It could help, but code is in unfinished state.

(I can't post to Github right now, sorry.)
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote