View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #187
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncann View Post
This may work for the most part, but I've come across some fonts that have 'extended' or 'additional' internal naming in them. Trying to get these fonts to work on the kobo will fail unless the 'additional' names are blank. I used a program called FontCreator to change these. I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of the kobo system fonts don't display italics or bold because of this extra naming info.
Yes, I've had to use FontCreator on some of my custom fonts to tweak internal naming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncann View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of the kobo system fonts don't display italics or bold because of this extra naming info.
That may possibly be why system font Avenir Next isn't working properly in v3.11. Can't use FontCreator to fix system fonts, though. However the font in question was sideloaded Charis SIL. I haven't had any internal naming issues with this one. JSWolf's modified version of Charis has worked OK in every firmware version I've used, from v2.5 onwards.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote