View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #419
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Merischino - I use ctrl+click to do my selections, and have never had any problem with the merges., Just click on the one you want to keep first, the ctrl+click on any others you want to merge into it. Then do the merge operation. That simple, and I have never seen it go wrong, but then I haven't used it for a long while.
I've been doing this for over 5 years (i think) and it used to always work for me. sometime in the last few weeks it stopped working that way for me. It doesn't matter which I click first, ctrl+click the next 1 or more, I get the same result: the uppermost appearing item in the list wins, even if the bottommost item in the list was selected first.

Quote:
The reason the plugin doesn't automatically select entries in the group is because if it did that it would be nondeterministic as to which entry would become the "master", which would completely screw people up...
being in a nondeterministic merge world, I'd rather have it autoselect everything that needs merging than have to do all sorts of clicking that has no option for choice over which record has the correct metadata....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I probably ctrl/click the wrong button :lol: The mouse is something I prefer not to use.

BR
I'm with you BR, for most things I prefer to make efficient use of my keyboard and keyboard shortcuts.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote