View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #46
Labarum
Enthusiast
Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Labarum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have the Samsung Arm Chromebook which furnishes most of my needs - so mostly browsing news and info sites and managing webmail.

I can make the Chromebook print easily enough via Cloudprint to a Windows 7 PC, but it is not good at displaying complex documents in MS Word - though you can hop across to Skydrive for the free MS Office Web Apps.

Readium is OK. It will work offline, but its features are rather limited.

Recently it has become possible to upload ePubs and PDFs to Google Play Books and read them online. Play Books has no offline feature - maybe it's on the way.

You can gain more screen by using full screen mode, and if you want portrait mode viewing you can rotate the screen - that's Control- Refresh. The Refresh button is the circle with arrow top row, fourth from the left. Yo can rotate so as to have the trackpad and keyboard on the right or the left. It's equivalent to a 11.5" tablet.
Labarum is offline   Reply With Quote