Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #153
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but a workaround could be to add tho the plug-in an option so any user can select the Js file from his computer, so you don't need to redistribute it, but everyone can legally (I think) take a free kepub from kobo, extract the JS file and point the plug-in to it.

It should work if the file is the same in every kepub.
The only concern is whether this counts as "aiding distribution of copyrighted content" and if that is legal. If this were a generic ePub plugin that just so happened to do Kobo-ification and also just so happened to allow adding arbitrary scripts, that would clearly be allowed, but this plugin would have no purpose for that other than loading Kobo-specific scripts. I've not been able (yet) to get a clear answer on that. If it turns out that it isn't, I'd be happy to add such an option. I can read the Canadian law again, but I would appreciate it if anyone more familiar with American law could comment on this from an American perspective. The legalities of other countries would be appreciated too, but Canadian and American are the ones that affect me directly.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote