View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #636
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
knc1
In the case of kindlepdfviewer you do need to set HOST= manually when you run make, it is not "computed" by anything. And you don't need to set TARGET= either.

Kai771
Yes, you are right --- I just found out that on FC17 64bit one cannot run arm x-tools because of /lib/ld-linux.so.2 ELF interpreter issues. So, using VirtualBox saved me a lot of time and trouble attempting to switch to the latest 64bit OS --- now I know that I should stay with my old good FC12 32bit

But I like the VirtualBox idea... Is it portable? I.e. can I take my vdi files and use them on some other system using any OS (obviously installing VirtualBox software for that OS first)? Or is each vdi image bound to a specific host OS on which it was produced?

And the main achievement of today is that I don't need to dual-boot into Windows XP on my main machine any longer --- I can just install Windows 7 (or XP) inside VirtualBox and run all the Windows-specific programs (Mathematica, Matlab, yes, I know there are Linux versions but they don't really work) in it!

Last edited by tigran; 09-16-2012 at 08:41 AM.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote