Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:57 AM   #91
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
App for using the N7 like a phone

I wrote a little about this on one of the other (non-Android) MR places, but I thought I should also post this here.

Try Talkatone. If you have Google Voice with a US phone number, and have set GV up to forward to Google Chat, you can both make and receive calls on your N7.

I live in Canada, and people have to call a US number to get me this way. Not a problem for my family, who are all in the US, but this could be a deal breaker for other Canadians. Of course, I still have a cell phone and a landline, so I suppose they can continue to call my Canadian number using one of those .

The big deal is that I can call anyone in the US or Canada over WiFi using GV on my cell phone and now, on the N7.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote