View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
I did some more checking tonite and there is a fifth thumbnail created. This is the one used for the sleep and power off screens and is 800x600 and does not get created until you open the book.

I did a test and what seems to happen is that the KT will leave an 800x600 image untouched ( except for dithering to grayscale ) but the width of the smaller thumbnails is squeezed to match the proportions of the particular thumbnail. Because the amount of distortion is small it is very difficult to detect.

I have not tried any cover images at other dimensions or proportions yet, for example 600x600 or 729x544.

NOTE: this firmware (1.9.10) uses a new algorithm for creating the thumbnails.

Larry
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote