View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #7
JVM
JVM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Look in the "Purchased" section of your library on the Kobo site for ePUB versions of books that have them. You will see a button "Adobe DRM ePUB". I have not bought from other Kobo affiliated stores so I don't know if the same is true there.

Both the Kobo kepub books and the Adobe DRM books are ePUB. The difference is the flavour of the DRM. Kepub books are ePUBs with Kobo's proprietary DRM. The Adobe ones use their own proprietary DRM.
I went into the purchased section and I do see that button. I haven't clicked it yet as I wanted to understand the following:

- does this version over-ride the kepub version on my e-reader (after I sync)?
- if it does, is it not preferable to have the kepub version as I thought I read there are more features available when reading via Kobo e-reader?
- if I download the Adobe DRM ePUB version, does the book get stored on my PC (can I select where to put these back-ups)?

If someone can give some advice here I would greatly appreciate it as I would like to download a back-up version just in case (though I have a chapters-version so I'm not facing potential issues with Borders).

Thanks.
JVM is offline   Reply With Quote