View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #562
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
We got SO's PW yesterday. At first he was thrilled with it (and as we'd agreed prior, I didn't comment on the obvious pink blob in upper right hand corner). He's...let's just say, generally a way more easygoing person than I am, and I expected him to be content with his. However, he also loves technology the way I do, and by this morning he'd told me the blobs were getting to him, and he also has a dust speck (or stuck pixel, or whatever the e-ink equivalent is) lighting up like a little star in the center part of screen. I know they've been mentioned here but I honestly didn't expect *that* to be the problem we'd get, I just expected more color blobs.

So it looks like both his new unit and my replacement are going back for refunds and we're sticking with our old Kindle Keyboards for now, although he's going to try Amazon's lighted case for his (we both previously used Kandles).
Sorry to read your SO's has color blobs and the glowing speck issue too. I'm considering trying one more at Best Buy, but it's likely a waste of time.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote