View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majal Kita View Post
KT: Firmware ver. 2.0
Desktop App: Edition 3.0.1

I recently got an Amazon gift voucher, so I bought a bunch of ebooks from their store. After stripping the DRM and converting the books from .mobi to .epub, I tried to side load them onto my KT. (I'm still trying with the first one - let's get over this small hurdle before we tackle them in bulk.) The method that I'm using is: Finding the .epub file in my Calibre folder through Windows Explorer and then dragging and dropping it onto the Kobo desktop application.
This method is completely new to me. Where in the Kobo application are you dropping it? I just tried with 3.0.0 and everywhere gave the "not allowed" icon. Hence dropping it didn't do anything so I couldn't get to the next step.

Quote:
The side loaded book goes to my Kobo Desktop application without any issues, but when I attemt to synchorinse my KT with the Desktop app via USB, the KT just doesn't receive the Amazon book. When I attempt to delete the book from Kobo Desktop, it crashes and aborts the program entirely, and the book remains when I load it again.

I'm really hoping that this is me just overlooking something very obvious.
As the book is already in calibre, just use it to send to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote