Thread: Quoting quotes
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quoting quotes

OK -- I'm frustrated.

This forum is so much like another forum I frequent at bookobsessed.com -- they even use exactly the same markup and most of the smileys use the same codes.

But I am frustrated no end with the way quotes work. Over at BO, If I quote a post that already has a quote in it, the editor brings both in and I wind up with nested quotes like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsi
Something I said
And Nick's response to it
Here, if I quote a post that has a quote in it, I only get the text from that post and not the original quote. So I have to go back up to the original, click on "multiquote", scroll back to the post I really wanted to quote, click on quote, cut & paste things to put one inside the other, etc.

Why is this system configured to not include already quoted text when quoting a post? Or is there a User setting that I can choose that will make it behave the way I'm expecting it to?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote