View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That why I said it looks like a case of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" ("after this, therefore because of this"). You can't reasonably conclude that, because she submitted her date of birth on a credit card application, that's where IMDb got the information from. Birth certificates are in the public domain - your date of birth cannot be considered confidential information.
I think we just need to get the evidence concerning the history of information provided by the actress. It may be "post hoc ergo propter hoc" (faulty causality), but it's not like there's a big trail to follow. She probably signed up for imdb. What information did she give and what did she consent to usage wise? What information did she give and consent to usage wise when she signed up for the pro option? It's not rocket science and it should be pretty easy to prove. Now, it might be entirely coincidental that age showed up after the pro and if she gave birth information when originally signing up then as you stated she's out of luck really.

I'm guessing it's probably as you stated, but we do need the rest of the facts to prove fault on either party.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote