View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kaufman View Post
LOL. There you go. Really, though, kindle was a word before they decided to use it. I don't see how they can stake claim to it as their own. It's not like they made it up themselves.
Yeah, but you can trademark real words as part of a brand name in a specific context. In this case Kindle as a name of an e-reader.

And that's exactly how it's being used. It's not like they are going after something named "Kindle" that was totally different (like that day care play for children, Kindle-Care*)

That said, it's never a good idea to go after fan sites. Most companies don't care (for good reason).

* I know, it's different but I couldn't think of anything else.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote