View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBeezle View Post
"responsibilities that a credit card entails," ... lol ....

Getting a credit card in the us sound like a pretty big deal^^

I got mine free (on annual or monthly fees) with my bank account (which is also completely fee-free )
I think the responsibilities Dr. Drib is referring to is not getting yourself into debt so far you can't afford beans and rice for paying your minimum payments.

The consequences of irresponsible credit use are pretty bad. I heard a statistic that the average credit card debt per U.S. Citizen was something upwards of $10k. That's not a real good economic situation to be in. My wife and I don't carry any, so that means there's an extra $20k shared out to the rest of the country -- there must be some folks who are really below water.

The stupid thing is, when they go bankrupt, the idiotic credit card companies practically beat down their doors to offer them new cards, since they can't do the bankruptcy thing again for another 7 years.

I think the laws on that might have changed recently (for the better) though ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote