View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
herekittykitty
herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.herekittykitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: original Nook
Help finding a reader with these qualities to replace my original Nook

Hello, I am new here and have been considering getting a new ereader to replace my original Nook. I like the Nook but the separate libraries for B&N books and sideloaded books is really bugging me. I want a reader that has one unified library. I do use Calibre and have thought about just sideloading all of my B&N purchases so I would have one library, but it's such a pain.

So here is what I am looking for -

E ink reader with one unified library
Lighter and faster page turning than my current Nook (I am assuming most are)
Don't really want a lighted one
Would prefer an open format - I know I can convert with Calibre but I would just like one that is not with a large company that I have register, etc.
Want page turning buttons and the ability to turn off the touch screen if I want.
Want the ability to add more content with an SD card.

I thought the Kobo touch might be the answer, but from reading these forums it seems like there are a lot of problems with it. I feel like the mini is too small for me. I don't know much about Sony readers but have read several people comment that they are an older technology.

If anyone could point out some other readers for me to consider, I'd appreciate it! And does anyone still use the original Nook? Part of me thinks I should just keep on with it since it really has been a good reader for me. But the library thing drives me crazy.
herekittykitty is offline   Reply With Quote