View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Thanks boswd and kdittyr.

I tried the nook at bestbuy today and the salesperson even let me try my own microSD card with Chinese epubs, and it worked perfect (I did .css in Calibre for the epub to substitute one system font). Boy, was I happy, I was totally blown away by the quality of the unit. Having heard so many negative things about the software, I was more than surprised by the performance - the text highlighting function (such as for looking up a word in the built in dictionary) is still way too slow to be useful, and I hate you have to exit the book you are reading to start or stop the mp3 playing, and I dont like the setting of font size/type affects all the books (hope in the future they can allow each book to have different font size/type setting and remembers it), but aside from these, I dont experience any other issues, the page turn and book opening is not as slow as I had imagined. I am definitely going to buy the wifi only version when it comes out - and hopefully by that time the $50 gift cert is still there (it lasts till July 03 in my local bestbuy) and that will effectivly bring the price down to $100, can't beat that!
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote