View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #464
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The tilde is supposed to activate regex mode.

And searching for "Mystery" would take a much longer time, as it has to search through every metadata field, but when you add the tags: qualifier, it narrows that down tremendously. Having it EXACTLY equal Mystery versus CONTAIN mystery is a minor difference, so feel free to use = only when you feel like it, just so long as you avoid using a search that wants to search the entire database.
Wellllll,

I did do the experiments outlined in the previous post. I used tags:"Mystery" and got back a rather instantaneous search. Even combined with other AND clauses, it was likety split quick. Added the NOT clause for Thriller. STILL likety split quick. All of which were accomplished without needing to resort to regex.

Now, NOW that I know the tilde is needed for initiating a regex search, you have save me considerable angst down the road when I start using negation regex code within some more complex. Appreciate the further definition.

GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote