View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper Kingsley View Post
Anyways, that whole social anxiety thing is kicking in. Does anyone have any experience with picking a writing partner and working with one?
No, but I stayed at a holiday inn....

Anyway....

I would think the most important aspect of a writing relationship would be the ability, and willingness, to listen to critiques about your work without getting offended - and be able to compromise on the storyline/character development even if it isn't exactly how you would do it.

Also, if the other individual is not as experienced as you, are you ready, willing, and able to be a mentor? Because it will happen.

The only way I know to avoid the above is to sit down at the beginning and develop the whole framework and then assign different sections...then go home and don't talk to each other until its done...then bring the parts together and hope they meld seamlessly!

If you are willing and able to do the above then you just might find a writing partner that will take both of you to the next level...and maybe even find a great friend in the process!

Good luck!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote