View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #359
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumocolor View Post
Right now, I am trying to make a book readable on my kindle 4. I've played around with the settings quite a bit, but am unable to do it. If someone wants to take a look and try to help me, here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lamafvwn13...%20example.pdf
Your PDF example looks pretty clean / straightforward. What are the issues with the conversion? Do you want the text re-flowed? What options have you tried?

Update: Since your book goes right to the edges, you'll need to specify -m 0 so that k2pdfopt doesn't crop away some of the text. If you want re-flow, that should work reasonably well. If you want OCR along with re-flow, add -ocr t (you'll want to set up tesseract). If you can read the book without re-flowing it, you may prefer using -mode fw (see my native PDF help page).

Last edited by willus; 03-18-2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added update section
willus is offline   Reply With Quote