View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
Huxley The Cat
Librarian
Huxley The Cat began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
If pressure applied to the screen breaks the 505, how do people safely carry it in backpacks, suitcases etc.? What about leaving it on your coffee table, is that dangerous?

Are there dedicated cases you can buy for the 505?

Any tips?
Being a very recent, expensive, imported acquisition which hasn't yet got to the familiarity breeds contempt stage, I'm slightly paranoid about breaking the screen on my 505 - stories like the above don't help! I looked at all sorts of options but nothing seemed to work (mostly size issues). Then my better half came up with the idea of a jeweller's necklace box. I explained what I was after and why at the first jewellery shop I tried (Ernest Jones). The manageress initially said that they didn't sell the cases seperately, but proceeded to produce one from under the counter anyway, and it fit like a glove (PRS in leather cover). It's also extremely durable and has additional padding in the lid, which gives extra protection to the screen. Of course it's a bit more bulky than just the 505 in its cover, but I feel really happy that it will provide protection against quite a large amount of abuse.

The best bit was that the shop manageress was so pleased that I was pleased to have found something that worked, she said that I could have the case for a small contribution to the company charity , I was more than happy to oblige
Huxley The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote