Thread: Accessories "Custom" skin sites.
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Decalgirl offers all of their skins in a matte finish, if that is what you are looking for: http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...le-3-Skins/all I'm not sure what you mean by "not.....ideal for a Kindle surface," unless you meant it would be too slippery if used when reading a "naked" Kindle? I have one of their skins (high gloss) and really like it and it was very easy to install, but my Kindle is in my Oberon cover so the glossy surface has nothing to do with keeping a secure grip on the Kindle.

As for the leather skin, I did find one site that seems to offer a genuine leather skin for the kindle, but it looks as if it is for the back of the Kindle only, and the site is a Vietnamese site, so unless you read/write Vietnamese, which I don't, I am not sure you could order from them - khachten.com - here are some pictures of their Kindle 3 skin - http://www.flickr.com/photos/khacten...7625147521759/ I wold hope it came in different colours, too. ZAGGmate has leather skins for the iPad and various other mobile devices, but I found nothing for the Kindle 3; wonder if you could email them and ask them about it? They look very nice - http://www.zagg.com/leatherskins/index.php

Exer - decalgirl also makes custom skins for the Kindle 3; you just need to email them and ask about it and they will send you instructions as to how to get a custom skin from them. Here is what Aimee of Live Chat told me about it:

Holly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
Thanks for that, I would have never thought to ask them, since they didn't have it listed as a service. You're right, they really should. I bet they lose a lot of sales from folks like me who were clueless. Decalgirl was one of the sites I had been looking at before I came here and asked, simply because I knew DG at least had a good reputation
our accessories sticky used to have this information. maybe if everyone asks we can get it back!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote