View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
While the blatant racism (mostly in the 3rd "act" of the book) was uncomfortable, the story as a whole was entertaining. Like Black Rain, from last year, A Town Like Alice took me by surprise. I think I will be less apprehensive of war time novels, going forward.

This did not read like a Romance to me. Yes the elements were there (again towards the latter half of the book) but this was certainly more Historical Fiction.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote