View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I bought a Kobo Touch this afternoon, and have some beginners problems.

Should there be a manual on the ereader? I certainly can't find one, and am floundering around trying to make sense of the many options. I understand that there are pdf manuals on the Kobo website, but I'd rather have the manual in ePub if one is available.
There is only a "quick tour" that shows you arrows of where everything is, and some quick hints. This should have shown up just after the setup. But there's not a lot of info in there. Is there anything particular you would like to know how to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Quite often when I select a link to go to a new page the lower part of the newscreen appears first and then the upper part - sometimes with the text disappearing and coming back. Is this normal?
No, this is not normal. Do you mean links as in from the TOC, or references on a page to another page? Does it only happen when you select one of those, or does it also happen when you just turn the page to next page (without using a link)?

Also, does this behaviour only occur with the one book, or does it happen in others as well, and if so, what is the source of those books?

Pages should load at once, not in two halves, and once the text is there, it should definitely not disappear... If this keeps happening and is not book-related, I'd exchange your device for a new one.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote