View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
I just noticed a thin white line about 1/2" from the top of my 505. I never noticed it before because it's always been in the top (blank) margin of the books I've been reading. I opened a pdf book yesterday where the text starts from the top of the screen and noticed this line through the letters. (I also now realized that it creates a white line near the bottom of the black border of the menu page headings, which I thought was normal.)

Should I contact Sony about this? Or the store where I bought it? (DataVision here in NYC.) Would the Sony Store here in NYC (just 2 blocks away) make an exchange (even though I didn't buy it there)? Would it be worth taking apart the 505 to see if there's a loose edge contact on the display? (That's probably a last resort as it's under warranty still!)
I had the exact same thing on my Kindle (I think the Kindle and Sony Reader use the same screen). The line came out of no where one day. Called Amazon and they shipped me a new Kindle. The unit was still readable but you could see the line when the screen would flash and redraw and when the screen saver was engaged and there was a black background. Hopefully your Sony Reader is still under warranty and you can get it replaced.

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote