Thread: Angry!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider1960 View Post
Recommendations please:
I suppose the obvious is to go to V2.0 and epub
I can de-drm all my mobi, then use (calibre?) to convert them
Or will V2 still read non-drm mobi?
Fictionwise seem to have only some titles in epub, I'm guessing that secure pdf is not the same
Will they gradually convert everything to get a full catalogue
who can recommend a better store - assuming I go epub?
V2.0 does not read mobi, DRM or not. But you can switch between 1.5 and 2.0 as many times as you wish (doing the firmware "upgrade" every time).

Secure PDF is not the same as secure ePUB, but if the secure PDF is ADE-compatible (which I don't know), it should work in V2.0. I don't recommend PDF, though.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote