View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
In some cases it may be due to the book having a different publisher (in which case it's just as likely to be lower as higher). Often, Canadians get the UK publisher, not the US one.
I've never seen a book I'm interested in cheaper in Canada than in the United States. I'm sure these books exist somewhere, but in my reading lists they are as mythical as Bigfoot.

I am glad we get the UK publisher in many circumstances and I am willing to pay an extra buck or two for original language.

I'm sure I haven't made much of a dent in the Canadian market, but my e-book purchasing and book purchasing for that matter has dropped considerably over the last year. My library is my friend. If the library ceased to exist, I'd probably just end up reading less.

You can tax illiteracy.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote