View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurelioc View Post
Hello folks,
I need to remove a background image when converting from pdf to epub.
This background image is like a old paper with stains and points pretending to simulate an old document.
When converting a similar document without this "noisy" background the epub file is about 500KB from a pdf of 1MB. But with this background the epub file size grows to 30MB.
How may I filter this background? Is there any special option in Calibre to do this task or should I edit the pdf file before conversion? In the later case, which SW may I use to edit the pdf using Ubuntu?

Thanks
Others are suggesting how to remove.
I will hint on how to add just ONE image and use it on every page (if you must )

Background-image: and background-repeat:
More info at http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html

Have fun
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote