View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I have a longish text file and I'd like to create an epub from that file with linkable table of contents at the front of the ebook.

I've read the Sigil manual a few times. I understand that there's a TOC editor that would detect headers.

After importing a text, and created headers for different parts of the text, I could see, from the TOC editor, that Sigil has smartly picked up the various headers as chapter breaks. The chapters seem to be fine..

But.. what now??

At this point, I saved the file as epub. There isn't a table of content using my epub reader.

The manual hasn't gone to the next step about what to do to put the table of content at the front of the book.

I'm sure the experts reading the manual would know what to do next. But as someone who's totally new to the program, I have no clue what I should do next.

Is there a step by step guide to create a TOC?

Thanks very much.
Add or Highlight the text you want in the TOC
Make it a Heading 1,2 or 3 (the pulldown that defaults to normal)
I use H3 for chapters
H2 if there are "Part's"
And H1 for the Title on the Title page
Use the TOC editor to un-tic H1 thru 3, items that you do not want to appear in the TOC
Deleting them or changing them in the TOC editor, affects the original entry. Be Careful
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote