View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #97
blueann_22
blueann_22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (SO)
K4 NT KSO Screensaver hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Are you using the settings menu to restart? Using a power switch long hold does not reliably extract data.tar.gz.

Also, for this RUNME.sh, be sure that you do NOT have an ENABLE_DIAGS file on your usb drive.
I have already jailbroke my device using the files at K4 wiki. i have also used the screen saver hack there but unfortunately this only works for the w/o special offers version.

Now, i saw on the thread here that there is a way to remove the ads and I have already done that but when I check plug in my Kindle, the RUNME.sh is the only one there. No screensavers folder and RUNME.done.

When I jailbroke my kindle I have used the universal method and have copied the data.tar.gz, ENABLE_DIAGS and diagnostic_logs to the Kindle's USB drive's root. You mentioned that to be sure that I do NOT have an ENABLE_DIAGS file on my kindle. I have checked all the folders and there is none. But still this screen saver hack is not working for me.

I have seen on this thread that pretober had been successful.

Originally Posted by thomass
Delete the existing RUNME.sh and RUNME.done
Copy this RUNME.sh to your Kindle then restart.
It works!
chmod to rewrite, backup the ads folder, and then change to readonly. Nice work!

Thank you so much, one more again!

But what does he meant by this: chmod to rewrite, backup the ads folder, and then change to readonly. ?

Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.
blueann_22 is offline   Reply With Quote