View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I had an N800 and read quite a bit on it. If you really need/want the multifuntionality, go for the N800. However, I found that most of the time, I only read ebooks on my N800. I didn't notice any problems reading on the LCD screen, as some suggest. Being backlit, you can read in complete darkness. I used to get about 6-7 hours of reading time from a battery charge.

I now have a jetBook and I traded my N800 off. The reason is, I wanted a larger screen that showed more text. The jetBook's 20 hour reading time is a big plus. Although I don't often read more than 6-7 hours at a stretch, it is nice not having to plug the jetBook in all the time.

Now that New Egg has the jetBook for $170, that might sway your decision. I got mine when they had the coupon code promotion, and got the same price.

If you read my other comments about the jetBook, that may help you with your decision. I am satisfied with mine and like reading on it more than I did the N800.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote