View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #1532
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Smile Feature Request: Auto-apply Smarten Punctuation

Dear JimmXinu,

I have now more than 300 fanfics in my calibre collection, all downloaded with FFDL. It's probably among my most used calibre plug-ins at this point. I still love how easy this makes getting fanfics onto my Kindle.

Yet there is still one irk I've been wondering if you could fix (dunno how hard to implement this would be):

Almost all the fanfics I download don't have proper typography (and I am pretty OCD about that! ), so I routinely manually apply Smarten Punctuation via the great Polish Books feature calibre has had for a few months now. This can get pretty tedious, especially with updating still ongoing stories where if I forget to do this just once, the resulting AZW3/KF8 file will have the positions of all my notes and marks disarranged (The notes are positioned by absolute byte counts unfortunately. Srsly, Amazon? ).

So could you integrate the Smarten Punctuation feature (and maybe others from Polish Books if there is a need with other users?) into FFDL like you did with the plug-ins Generate Cover, Reading List and Count Pages?

So that I could, say, make FFDL routinely auto-apply Smarten Punctuation after every new download and/or overwrite-if-newer update of a fanfic ?

That would rock!

Cheers,
MaxManuka.