View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #63
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Has anyone mentioned a solar powering cover? I know these things don't use much power but it would be nice if they could charge up by leaving them in the sun. The only problem here is I love a nice leather cover on my ereaders and that would interfere. It might also destroy what appear to be a huge revenue stream for Amazon.

I know it's probably only me but I'd quite like to get to a Unix prompt on the kindle and perhaps be able to just use it as a terminal. Perhaps it can already do this?

It would be nice if there was a central board game server where you could pick a game (it would remember your level) and then it would match you up against another Kindle/ereader/tablet/phone/PC player anywhere in the world who is currently waiting for a game. It wouldn't require much juice other than to send the move back and forth but this could be limited say to checking every 10 minutes (or when ever you press a recheck button). I could then sit on the side of a mountain and read my books while playing chess, backgammon and go with folks all over the world.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote