View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #142
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
If you don't like the fanboi wars raging on MR, your first step should be to recognize that you are part of the problem. Which is caused, IMO, in large part by Apple haters coming on to the forum and posing content-free posts in an attempt to bait people who use Apple products, and often with the result of hijacking completely unrelated threads.

Which is not to say that there isn't room for a lot of criticism of Apple; there certainly is. But turning MR into an Apple hate zone isn't good for anyone.
In my understanding MR is a forum for ebooks and ebook reading. Now it's being inundated with threads about a phone. Relevance for ebooks? Nil.
It does seem rather pathetic to use terms like "hater" just because people are critical of the newest gadget produced by some multinational. To use such language indicates that some people do not look at this on a very rational level.

BTW, I am grateful to Apple for a very enjoyable Sunday morning, though. Looking at Apple maps on my wife's iPad was quite entertaining: seaside resorts moved inland, world heritage sites moved to other cities etc. It's amazing. There also has to be some awesome new app that manages to make recent satellite images look like WWII material.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote