View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #14
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
7" tablet. Don't even consider a netbook unless it's a convertible. I do have a (cheepo) 10" tablet and it's simply too large to take with me everywhere I go. And it's too large to hold with one hand (so useless for reading for me).
My Nook Color (rooted tablet with Phiremod v6.3) is a great example of a 7" device, with a high resolution screen, that is ideal for ebook reading, although it too suffers from too great a weight over extended periods of time (compared to a 10" tablet it is perfectly acceptable in that regard).

Quote:
My laptop, on the other hand, is a beast. And I don't want a small laptop. The functions of both devices are just not interchangeable nor do I want them to be.
In summary, for a tablet, I prefer a 10" device, for a laptop anything less than 17" is not functional for me and for an ebook reader anything less than 8" is just for texts/novels not technical/pdf documents!

So, if you need to use just ONE device, then I would surmise that the 10" tablet (especially when coupled with a physical keyboard) is a good compromise.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote