View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #58
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I note that you use only the item name when checking for duplicates. This won't always work, because it is permissible to have the same name in different categories. For example, I can easily have a tag named 'foo' and a series named 'foo'.

As it is, when deleting if I have tags:foo in my category and right-click on series:foo in the row, your plugin will delete the tag. Also, if I have both tags:foo and series:foo in the row, one of these will be deleted from the category, but perhaps not the one I clicked on.

A similar problem exists with add. The duplicate check will find tags:foo when I am trying to add series:foo, and vice versa.

If you use the label as part of the match (skip entries that don't have the correct label), then the above problems are avoided.
Thanks for pointing this out, fix made in both the add and remove plugins for anyone who wants to download.