Thread: Android tablet
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #34
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
On a side note, I also decided not to ask for a refund from Enso. I emailed them about it and supposedly the zenpad will ship to me on May 8th. Yea, call me fallible but I'm rolling the dice. Heck, maybe I'll even get one to try it out.
I sincerely hope your dice come up winners. But ... these people had it for sale on their website, claiming they ship within seven business days, when they hadn't even ordered any from the manufacturer (i.e. there never was any possible way that could be true). Nobody has ever received a unit; nobody has ever to my knowledge received a refund.

The response to my request for a refund on April 8 came about a week later (Apr 14) in a general info update that stated, in part:
- Refunds
Due to technical problems we are not able to issue refunds now, if you have ordered a ZenPad and want to be refunded for any reason, file a dispute with Paypal (directly from paypal website).
Be aware that the new sale price for zenpad basic version will be 199 USD.
Fortunately I had already started the process with PayPal. Unfortunately, PayPal immediately told me that contact with the seller was impossible and the only option was to escalate the dispute to the highest level. My personal opinion? I have been well and truly scammed and I'll never see my money again.

I hope I'm wrong. But until actual units are received by trustworthy sources I advise people to not order one. (A review unit sent to enGadget, if that happens, does not count. It might only mean that they could obtain a base unit from the manufacturer and, within two weeks, dress it up as a production unit.)

Buyer beware.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote