View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
I don't think you buy the content as such - that is still the property of the author - hence all the copyright laws. You simply purchase the right to use the purchased medium.

However, for personal use I think I should be allowed to 'copy' or print it. Having said that - I can't see myself being bothered to either print an eBook or scan a pBook
I agree with you. The content belongs to the author and you purchase the right to use that particular medium.

I also agree that most people would not be bother to print anebook or scan a pbook for themselves. The exception would be stuff that you had to purchase pbook and need to be able to access it electronically for soecific reasons. I had to do that for when I used to play D&D and wanted to make it easier to run the game.

Other than that, I think most people who scan a pboo or doing it so they can distribute multiple copies to people who have not paid for it. IMO this is not only illegal but immoral as well.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote