View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunilda View Post
Hello all, apologies if the answer is elsewhere on this forum. I searched, but couldn't find exactly what I am after. I am also a newbie when it comes to eReaders so forgive my naiveté if I am asking the wrong things.
I am fortunate enough to be able to read in many languages (with different levels of expertise, of course). The question is: is there an eReader that is especially made for multilingual people? I read in (in order of competence/interest) Spanish, French, English, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Catalan, German, Greek, Turkish, Arabic. So I would want (1) support for non-Roman characters, (2) monolingual (not translation) dictionaries. (Anything that can do the first five of the list is totally acceptable to me at this point).
Incidentally, I own a Sony PRS-600. I like the ability to tap on a word to access the (English) dictionary. I'd want that, of course, for all the other languages.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sony's you're best bet for built-in multilingual but it doesn't cover all your wants. Otherwise, like the others said, get an android e-reader. I'm not quite how sure it would work, but presumably its the best thing.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote