View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
I have Onyx Ereader and in my opinion Onyx firmware is very advanced and it can handle all languages.
It has 3 different readers: Pdfreader, FBReader and Cool-Reader
Pdf reader doesn't need any fonts. For other two readers you can install custom fonts as needed.
1) Support for non-roman characters: non-roman characters are supported but there are some small problems associated (they might be solved by now). The problem is/was that dictionary cannot select the word properly if the word contains non roman characters.
You can ask about this issue in Onyx forum.

2)Monolingual dictionaries: Onyx supports star-dict dictionaries only. All the dictionaries are here:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

Also, Android based readers are going to be launched very soon . I am waiting for them myself. I believe we will have almost no firmware problem or shortcomings in android platform.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote