View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #57
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But that's just it, people are picking books based on anything else but how scarey it might be. And the worst books get chosen.

The last book Camilla was chosen because it was free and it had something to do with Dracula in the description. Dracula was a dreadful book. So why pick a book that has something to do with another book that wasn't scarey in the least?

This is why I find horror a wasted month. We just don't get books that fit well. I've tried to get something going with books like Rosemary's Baby and Carrie. But they don't win even though they were the possibly scariest books in the list. We get wimpy dull boring nothing at all to do with horror books that win.

Camilla had more lesbian themes running throughout then it did anything at all to do with horror. The characters were unlikable. The stories pacing was slow. The premise was silly.
But that's purely from your viewpoint. I like both Dracula and Camilla, and would be happy if either one won (though I've read both several times, so I'd actually rather something new - to me - was chosen).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote