View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #255
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
If file /mnt/us/USE_ALT_FONTS exists, KT uses fonts with families/typefaces:
  • alternate1, alternate2, alternate3 (for firmwares up to 5.1.0)
  • all found (except some stock) (for 5.1.0)
I don't know whether restart of whole framework is needed to handle this file (or it's abscence) or just restart of reader booklet is sufficient, but believe former is true.
I'm trying to use this method, but I must be missing something.

I created /mnt/us/USE_ALT_FONTS as an empty file.

I created /mnt/us/fonts, and put some files in it (from someone else's font package so I knew it was a working font):
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia/Averia Bold Italic.ttf
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia/Averia Bold.ttf
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia/Averia Italic.ttf
/mnt/us/fonts/Averia/Averia Regular.ttf

I typed ;fc-cache into the search bar.

At this point, opening a book started giving me popups saying "An error has occurred. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and download it from Archived Items.”

I renamed the directory (to “fonts.off”) and rebooted, and it was fine. However, running ;fc-cache even in this state cause it to no longer be able to display books, as above.

What am I missing here?
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote