View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #243
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@geekmaster: It may actually have handled both in FW 2.x/3.x, I remember creating the images folder as being one of the first thing I did with each new Kindles...
I am sure that I tried that on my DX and K3 back during the "comic book" thread fiasco that attracted a disrespectful mob. I will have to try it again...

EDIT: I just moved a .cbz file (zip file full of images) from documents to images on my k3 (fw3.3), and after restart it is not visible. I will try renaming it to a .zip file...

Okay, now a .zip file, reboot, not visible. I will try extracting the individual images now...

I unzipped to .jpg files, then rebooted. Still not visible. It looks like support for /mnt/us/images was removed from the 3.3 (and 2.5.8) firmware.

I have /mnt/us/pictures folders on my older kindles. Is that what you meant? You can put pictures in either /mnt/us/pictures or /mnt/us/documents on the older kindles, but on the K5, they must be in /mnt/us/images or they will not work.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote