View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:32 AM   #10
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Seems more like 'UK Bookseller gets out of eBook business, redirects customers to Kobo'
(Although describing Smiths as a bookseller is a bit of a stretch)
Smiths have previous sold a number of different eBook readers, it isn't clear whether that will continue to be the case, or whether they will only sell Kobo readers.
Yeah, I got my PRS505 dirt-cheap from WHSmith. It came with a voucher for (IIRC) £10 of ebooks from the WHSmith ebook store. Using that voucher led me to the conclusion that I frankly didn't care what their selection was or what their prices were, I was never ever going back. The customer experience was not unlike chasing an angry wasp up one trouser leg, through one's underpants, and down the other trouserleg - unnecessarily complex and painful.

I've not used the Kobo store myself but providing it is merely 'adequate' this should be a big step forward for UK e-book buyers. I will be checking it out as soon as I have worked through my latest Baen bundle.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote